Gra Nomad Wanderings

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

CONGRATULATIONS

In an upstairs apartment in a city of four million people, lives a lady I know. It's currently winter there (though I haven't seen a winter for 3 or 4 years unless you count the week we spent in Chicago at the end of March this year!)

This lady is in the area of education. A noble art. She was recently recommended for an award to recognise her work. She thought.... bah humbug! I don't believe in such things. But she was finally persuaded to attend a function to honour herself and other such people. Then came the crunch....Could you please send a recent photograph of yourself? No way! That's infingeing on my privacy, she thought. However, she finally realized that she needed to send a photograph. (This is a very recent story by the way.) So... wait for it... she sent them the photograph below... of a young Kate Hepburn! Isn't that neat? (I am also a huge Hepburn fan.)

Congratulations my dear. I'm proud of you.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger julie said...

Education certainly is a noble art. In my view, anyone who does it well can be Kathryn Hepburn if she wants to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home