Gra Nomad Wanderings

Thursday, February 12, 2009

VICTORIAN FIRE WIPEOUT




It's pretty warm when you get this shimmer in the distance. These first 3 photos were taken around Burren Junction/Wee Waa area. It wasn't extremely hot but I felt the effect was an interesting one.

The photos below are just a couple of shocking reminders of the devastating fires in Victoria that have claimed the lives of about 180 people so far! It's not over yet. No, I didn't take these photos.



Whole communities have been wiped out. Unbelievable. Very very sad. How fortunate are we. We live in New South Wales. These fires have been in a few parts of Victoria, south of NSW.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Grahame,

Very sad. I have been following this story in the news here at home. I see this morning that they report having a suspect in custody. Tragic outcome of this action.

Grace and peace to you my friend,
Wil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home