Gra Nomad Wanderings

Sunday, June 25, 2006

ANYONE FOR BOATING?




Do you like boating? Toad loved "messing about in boats" as I remember. It is fun. We've traded cycling for riding around in Bill's powerboat - Billabong - and also sailing in Bobby's Hotspur. Much fun. They even have a pub out in the harbour, called Dinghy Dock Pub. A popular spot.
The Vancouver Island area is well known as a water playground. We've enjoyed our time here and have met heaps of great people. (They're nearly all golfers!) Thanks Dave (Comox), Neil & Betty, Glen and Elena (& Marty & Claudia), Bobby/Kendra, BJ/Kathy (& Ian and Cameron) for looking after us. Special thanks to bro Bill for having us (and loaning us his truck!) Heaps of photos, but here are a couple.
Depart Nanaimo and off to Olympia (south of Seattle) tomorrow and then on to Eugene and Corvallis (Oregon) after that. Then...
PS Now (Monday) in beautiful OLYMPIA, WA!

6 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Lovely photos!! Looks like alot of fun!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Captronr said...

Ah, Graham, had I been with you on that sailboat, I would still be there--right on that sailboat. They'd have to pry my cold dead fingers off it to get me off of it! It looks wonderful!

Sure makes my 16 ft day sailor look puny....................

Glad you are having fun!

Ron

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah Grahame, it wasn't Toad who liked messing about in boats, it was Ratty.

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Gorgeous photos! I was on a boat last week... found out that I do not enjoy it. Or least, my body doesn't. I got very seasick. :(

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Keasty said...

Wendy - glad you like them... high praise coming from you.
Ron - Yes, you'd LOVE nanaimo and all the water stuff... and Hotspur and Dinghy Dock!
Margaret - sorry... Ratty. I'll have to re-read.
Jen - bad luck. Maybe the capt wasn't as good as Bobby (our capt)! We certainly didn't get into rough water. Very easy sailing.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Fay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home