Gra Nomad Wanderings

Friday, January 27, 2006

LAST MINUTE

I
After 5 more sleeps we fly out of Sydney with our 3 kids for Santiago, Chile.
Hey I found this photo on the puter. It's an old one (photo and computer). Kids are now - Debbie 30, Peta 28 and Jeremy 27 (left to right).
6 weeks in Sth Am and then we arrive Miami, FL. Debbie will have headed back to Aust from Lima (she has a job and a husband to return to) and the other 2 will leave us when we reach Miami. They get back to Aust in late May. We take another 5 months to reach home.
We will be staying with Servas people and using Auto Driveaway company to get around. Had thought about buying a car and then selling when we depart... but... bought a tandem bike instead! We pick that up in Miami.
Been watching the Australian Open Tennis Championships on TV this month. Federer (Swiss) meets Baghdatis (Cypress), that's if Federer beats Kiefer (Germ). And the ladies - Henin-Hardene (Belgian) to play Mauresmo (FR) who's never won a grand slam event. We were sorry that Martina Hingis got knocked out. She is a favourite here in Aust.
We have 1 more sleep here in Dubbo before driving to Sydney for last few days. Boy, has there been some sorting and cleaning and chucking out when you're away for 10 months and you're letting Brad and Marli (get married tomorrow) live in your house! I could write a blog just about that... but you wouldn't be too excited.
I'm hoping to write 1 last blog from Sydney before departure. I think I'm excited! Just hope I can clean office, coffee table and outside table while Fay's away doing some last min shopping.

12 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Woo Hoo!!! Have fun!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow! have fun, must be nice to be a world traveler. God really changed my life when I went overseas, I realize we are so blessed in America and we take it all for granted!!!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Ileana said...

You're leading a life of adventure! I love it! Let me know when you and your wife will be in Miami. You can e-mail me at ilyzu@earthlink.net

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Keasty said...

Sat morning... 6:42 am and we're ready to go!!! (Off to Sydney that is. 4 sleeps to go.

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Keasty
Safe travels and we look forward to keeping up with your travels. We will be remembering you all in our prayers as you travel. We had a great holiday and look forward to what GOd us in store for us as individuals, a family and our church.
Love to you and Fay
Orrs

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day Grahame
Good to see you at St Luke's the other day. Hope you & Fay have an awesome trip exploring God's creation.

Cheers James - Bike 4 Bibles '05'
acts 20:24

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger julie said...

G'Day! (That's my first!) I'll be eager to hear about your family's great adventure!
I'll also be looking forward to the special questions. Perhaps I'll benefit from these discussions!

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have agreat trip and look forward to reading of your travels
alpal

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Keasty said...

HEY I'M PRETTY DARN EXCITED! TOMORROW (IN 12 HOURS TIME) WE DEPART FOR SANTIAGO!!! UNREAL. HOPE PETA AND JEREMY BOTH GET TO THE AIRPORT IN TIME!!! THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR GOOD WISHES...

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Captronr said...

Hello to Keastys!

Per your request, I signed us up for BAK this morning! Got the confirmation back (automatic) that they received it.

Next hurdle is to make sure they are not overbooked already! I'd posted a question about trailer parking at the sites yesterday AM, and 170 people VIEWED my message, so a lot of folks are lurking. A msg from Dec was read by 1300 people. They only have 800 riders, but getting in on Day 2, we should be ok.

Now I need to go seek counseling for signing up to ride almost 500 miles across Kansas in early summer. DUH, what are we thinking?

Ah, but it will be FUN.

Safe journeys,
ron, ks

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad, you're not supposed to put up pictures of your kids on the internet!!! I guess it's lucky that you picked such trendy photos...
Looking forward to meeting up with you in Buenos Aires - bring it on!!!

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Keasty said...

good work Ron. Sorry Deb... didn´t think my own daughter would check out the blogsite. can´t do exclamation marks on this puter. Santiago is fine.. weather 26. we depart for Mendoza tomorrow (Friday). It sure is GREAT having our own interpreter with us... JEREMY... NO, STILL CAN´T FIND EXCLAMATION MARK. Got capitals though eh?????¡¡¡¡¿¿¿

 

Post a Comment

<< Home