Gra Nomad Wanderings

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

UNBELIEVABLE

Staying at San Luis tonight. They eat late in Argentina.
We went to a restaurant and took a young 18 year old lad with us. He is also staying at the hostel where we`re staying.

2 of us ate chicken schnitzels - big ones. Jeremy and I ate steak, ham, eggs and salad. And the carne (meat) was beautiful. We had 3 serves of chips altogether. I also forgot to mention we had a large bottle of beer and 3 Pepsis. Sandwiches came with the beer... we didn`t know that. Then there was also rolls and what looked like breadsticks. (Fay says they were breadsticks!) We hardly touched the chips which came late in the proceedings. Total price was 51 pesos (Argentinian). If the Aussie dollar is worth 2.2 p or even 2.5 p then the whole meal cost 20-30 dollars! Unbelievable. My steak sure was lovely. I didn`t finish it, but then neither did Fay or Pete or our guest.

I just wanted to share that with you. I have info re what`s been happening...maybe I`ll write that tomorrow. Free use of the internet while at the hostel. Great. Cheers to all. Tomorrow we go walking in a National park near here. As long as we get to Buenos Aires by Saturday!!

2 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Keasty, I cannot keep up with you. You are a man on the move! I'm glad you are enjoying yourself.

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

missed this one but have sent some emails, hang in there and keep loving you all, give our love to deb when she gets there
alapallalalal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home