Gra Nomad Wanderings

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

FIVE QUESTIONS



I was tagged by Rodney from The Journey. This is what I came up with:

1) What’s the most fun work you’ve ever done, and why? (Two sentences max)
Teaching – helping kids to learn and seeing their eyes light up when they catch on. The impression we leave with these youngsters can be very long lasting.
2) Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did? (One sentence max)
As a teenager I used to water ski every summer holiday and I would like to ski again.
3A) What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why? (Two sentences max)
Cooking, coaching (life coaching): By learning to be better cook (some might say “that wouldn’t be hard”) I would be able to serve others by providing meals for them. By being a better life coach (I am a qualified life coach) I would be able to meet with others and be able to help them better to achieve their maximum potential.
3B) If you could take a class/workshop/apprenticeship from anyone in the world, living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn? (Two sentences max)
Class: acting. Tutor: Katherine Hepburn
I would have Kate teach me acting, including character acting. I would learn heaps about acting to supplement my limited acting experience.
4A) What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?
Energetic, happy, supportive
4B) Now list two more words you wish described you.
thoughtful and unselfish
5) What are your top three passions? (Can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes– three sentences max)
Telling others about Jesus Christ, what He means to me and how He helps me day by day.
Love for family/friend – Fay (wife), Grub, PJ & Bullfrog (our 3 children), Stretch & WJ (brothers), Sarah (sister), BMM (son-in-law), Jacky boy (grandson), other relatives, friends
Cycling, cycling, cycling – mountain bike, road bike or tandem

6) Write–and answer–one more question that YOU would ask someone. (Answer in three sentences max)
How can you/do you contribute to make this a better place? (What a bugger of a question Grahame!)
(a) I like to volunteer in different capacities be they church-related, sport-related or other.
(b) I like to help make people happy.
(c) I like to help make people think about issues that may improve their lives and the lives of others and help them to grow as individuals.

3 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

1) Being a writer and photographer for the local newspaper. Got paid to do what I love, but not enough, which is why I’m not doing it now.

2) Jump rope. I used to be the queen jump roper!!

3a) I’m teaching myself to play the piano, but it’s slow going. And I’d like to be a better climber.

3b) Wow, what a great question! I’ll have to think on that one a bit.

4a) Adventurous, Hot-tempered, Fun

4b) Free-spirited and Laid-back

5) 1 – my daughter; 2 – caving; 3 – Native American issues

6) I enjoy taking opportunities to meet the needs of people around me. I also hope I can instill compassion and tolerance for others in my child and the children I come in contact with.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger julie said...

Interesting!
How did you become a life coach?

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger julie said...

1) Most fun job:
I think it would have to be my current job. I work in schools with disabled kids.

2) Something I used to do that I wish I still did:
Enjoy being physically fit.

3A) Two things I'd like to learn, or become better at:
How to work hard, play hard, worship often AND have a clean, tidy house.

3B) Class/Workshop/Apprenticeship I'd like to take:
Dr. Martin Luther King's Thoughts on Changing the World - from his current (enlightened) perspective

4A) 3 words others might use to describe me:
(I asked some folks)
extroverted, lively, stubborn

4B) 2 I wish describe me:
teachable, loving

5) Top 3 passions:
- knowing/experiencing a life characterized by following Jesus
- raising kids who know themselves and strive to live purposeful lives
(those 2 are enough!)

6) ????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home