Gra Nomad Wanderings

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Bike Ride Begins Saturday

Wow... it's about to start. The bike ride I've been training for for days... maybe 3 or 4 days even. Isn't that terrible?
Actually I feel pretty good and the left knee is holding up really well (thanks Lord.) So, it's a 9 day ride covering about 1,000 km (600 miles.)
I am going by train to Blackheath (in the Blue Mountains) on Friday. I've had to box the bike, which means take it apart a bit. Maybe if we buy a Bike Friday tandem in the US next year we'll be able to cart our bike around a bit more easily.
The Bike for Bibles ride (BFB) is raising money to support Kenya and Uganda in the fight against HIV/AIDS and also to develop reading materials for the young kids. Seeing I have a desire for a good education for all, it's a pretty good issue to be fundraising for. Feel free to support me if you'd like to. I haven't reached my goal yet.
Next time I log on I'll be able to give you a bit of information on how the ride went/is going.
Oh by the way, my brother Bill has arrived from Canada! Great news. Hopefully I'll catch up with him shortly.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best with the ride Keasty, and prayers for the knee. Wish I could be there with you. Hopefully Perth to Adelaide (or Canberra) will be on next September, and maybe will have the pleasure of your company then?

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Keasty,
Big Jon from b4b here...cracker of a website!
All the best. God bless... jon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home