Gra Nomad Wanderings

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I is for IMPORTANT

I guess I stands for IMPORTANT because we so often get caught up with what's urgent rather than important. Sometimes the things that are important have to play second fiddle. We really get caught up with work and club commitments to name but a couple. Sometimes these things and others crowd out the important things in life.
If things are important to you (things or people) then invest in them NOW! My family is important to me. So, next year, on 1 Feb, we've decided to take them to South America WITH US! It just so happens that Deb speaks Portuguese and Jeremy speaks Spanish (both of which could be handy.) And Peta? Well, she speaks about as much Spanish as her parents! But, she can communicate with anybody. Trust me.
If there are things or people who are important to you then make sure you invest (another good I word) time and effort - NOW! Don't leave it too long. I think it was one of my kids who once told me - they've never found a headstone which read "I wish I'd spent more time at the office!"

1 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

Well said.

By the way, what happened to 'H'?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home