Gra Nomad Wanderings

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

HURLSTONE AG

Frank and Val Bulluss and myself
Bruce and Ros Valentine, Graham Wright and Brian Munro
It was great to attend the official dinner in Campbelltown (south-west Sydney) to celebrate 100 years of Hurlstone Agricultural High School (HAHS). There were hundreds and hundreds of people there.
I sat at a table which included Bruce and Ros Valentine from Orange (I taught one of their 3 kids), Graham Wright from out the back of Sydney, and Brian and Jan Munro from Leeton. I caught up with heaps of people including Graeme Gardiner whose father was the deputy principal, Denis Simond, Jim Clegg, John Abercrombie, Ian Champion, Ken Fishpool, Michael Kidd (ex principal), Col Davis (Maths teacher and cricket coach), Leon Zietsch (excuse spelling.... a biology teacher). A beaut night. Brother Bill will be catching up with Ken F and maybe Ian Champion at a reunion next year in Orange. I catch up with Wrighty fairly often as we both went through WWTC together. I hold him in very high regard. Brian is still a practising vet in Leeton. It was great to catch up with them. The blokes I do keep in touch with are Bob Barrett (formerly Parrott), Phil Crocker and Frank Hawkes. Unfortunately those 3 were not able to attend.
Would you believe Val Bulluss went through kinder, first class and second class with me back in 1949-51. School - Liverpool Infants School. I find it hard to believe. She was Val Flegg from Liverpool.
The next post will be about the Bike for Bibles ride... Cessnock to Narrabri return. That's quite a story!!! Thanks for the lend of your computer bro Alan.
HEY.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LOGAN JACK! ONE TODAY - 11 October 2007.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home