Gra Nomad Wanderings

Monday, July 30, 2007

FAMILY TIME






Well, things have really hotted up since I turned 64! (Even if Dana thought I was 44!)

Fay and I drove up to Ipswich (near Brisbane) to spend a couple of days looking after Logan Jack. He's 9+ months old now. This allowed his Mum, Deb, to work on some mining equipment before it gets put into operation. It was a great time taking the little man around the sights of the city of Ipswich.

Then we drove back to Dubbo via Narrabri (bro Alan and his family live there.) It's about 800 km from Ipswich to Dubbo. Deb and Logan came with us. We were only in Dubbo a short time and then off to Yeoval for a weekend Bike for Bibles ride around the district. I am not up to cycling as yet thanks to a crook back. But my chiro and I have high hopes that I'll be back on the bike pretty soon. A guy like Cadel Evans inspires even old blokes like me! At least Debbie rode the BH for me! (See above photo.) And loved it!

Now, another sleep here in Dubbo and then off to Cessnock for a week at the Pokolbin Hill Resort in the Hunter Valley. Our kids are going to join us there which will be great.
[Don't worry, the BH is back in the bike shed under high security despite Jim's efforts to get it relocated to Sydney!!]

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger kathi said...

That picture of him, in all his bare nakedness with that cute little bottom, beside you in the chair is one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen. Adorable.

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad,
Have you actually checked that the bike is in Dubbo (since you're in Pokolbin you wouldn't know...)?!?!?!
What a lovely bike to ride!
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home