Gra Nomad Wanderings

Saturday, July 21, 2007

NOW I'M 64!


From SGT PEPPERS LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND

WHEN I’M SIXTY-FOUR

When I get old and losing my hair, Many years from now
Will you still be sending me the Valentine,
Birthday greetings, bottle of wine
If I stay out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door
When I'm sixty-four.
You'll be older too,
And if you say the word I could stay with you.
I could be handy mending a fuse
When your lights have gone
You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday morning go for a ride
Doing the garden, digging the weeds,
Who could ask for more

Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four.

Every summer we can rent a cottage in the Isle of Wight,
it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee
Vera, Chuck & Dave

Send me a postcard, drop me a line
Stating point of view
Indicate precisely what you mean to say

Yours sincerely,
wasting away

Give me your answer, fill in a form,
Mine for evermore,

Will you still need me,
will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four.
eWell I'm still here! Certainly the lights have dimmed somewhat... but I'm still here.
I think a message I get from this song, is that I should get out and visit a few folk who are older and maybe not as agile as I am.
The good news... I was able to get out of bed and dress myself this morning and now think I'll go for a walk. Thanks Lord for your many blessings to me and to my family.
It's just 4 years now since I finished up with the Dept of Education!

7 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

Wow. 20 years and one day older than me.

Happy birthday Grahame. I hope it's a fantastic day and that the year ahead is full of wonderful times (and lots of riding).

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Keasty said...

Happy birthday Rodney for Sunday! Are you that old??? LOL LOL! Thanks for your message mate. Seeya next May.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Brother, and isn't it great that God loves you as much now as he did when we went to that Billy Graham Crusade in Sydney in about 1959! Happy birthday to a great brother, one of my two favourite brothers!
alapalalalalaalal

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bro

I've needed you for more years than I had a mother - don't go anywhere now!

llssj

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember when we used to think 64 was an old man! Now that we are almost there ourselves, it doesn't seem nearly as old. Congratulations, Grahame, on the good use you have made of your 64 years. Yes, we need to be thankful for good health and use what time we have left in a positive way.
Happy birthday!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

you only look 44!!!!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger kathi said...

Happy belated birthday! You are one good looking 64 year old man, for sure! Hope this next year has many smiles and twice as many blessings for you and your family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home