Gra Nomad Wanderings

Monday, October 15, 2007

RIDING FOR LITERACY


George is actually a pirate in real life - when he's not cycling!
Here's the B2 team! Go the B2 B2 B2s!!!!


Just finished another great Bike for Bibles (BFB) ride. This was #11 for me.

I first did a BFB ride in 1993 when living in Cooma. Most of them have been one week long and covering about 1,000 km (600 miles). They are fundraising rides and the money raised goes towards developing literacy programs in countries such as India, Kenya, Uganda, Myanma and this year Cambodia. I have now raised in excess of $20,000 since that first ride.

Fay came on this year's ride as part of the food team. She did a great job on her inaugural trip. That's her in the white shirt in picture #3.

The ride (accident-free - thanks God) went from Cessnock in the Hunter Valley to Merriwa, Coolah, Coonabarabran, Narrabri, Wee Waa, Gunnedah, Quirindi, Muswellbrook and back to Cessnock. Congratulations to Jim Blaxland once again for a successful ride.

I rode with the B2 team which included Dave McCubbin, John Gardiner, Matt, Col Potts, Nic, Gra R, Rosemary, Blake Gardiner and Dianna. Bottom photo shows just about the whole group, minus Fay taking the shot.

Hey, nearly cleaned up a roo that decided to cross the road at a strategic time. Lucky the brakes worked well!

I haven't reached my target yet of $3,000 so if you want to sponsor me, there's still a chance. Ring me on 0411 386 814. Thanks for those folk who have sponsored me. Reckon the kids in Cambodia will be the beneficiaries.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home