Gra Nomad Wanderings

Thursday, November 15, 2007

WHAT A CLEVER LADY!


It's approaching summer.... damn, it's 32 degrees today! That IS summer in Australia!

Cricket comes on the TV. Fay loves the cricket season. The 2nd test begins tomorrow in Hobart, Tasmania. Aust v Sri Lanka.

Fay has a heap of jobs that have to be done... always just before a cricket test is gonna be on TV. So, if I get the chores done I'll be able to sit and watch cricket uninterrupted! So, Fay gets the jobs done! Clever bugger isn't she? Yeah, she loves it when the cricket test is gonna be on TV.... so today I've been on the whipper snipper, doing the round-up, putting washing on the line and taking it in, postage jobs, office cleaning/tidying, bike maintenance, a bit of housework, a bit of gardening, cars washed, some correspondence cleared away and garage tidied a tad.

Yeah, she is quite a gal. We notch up 40 years of marriage on 30 Dec. Got any ideas of how I might celebrate such an occasion? I have one trick up my sleeve but I'm keeping that VERY QUIET at the moment.

Don't worry, she doesn't read the GRANOMAD!!!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger kathi said...

You got all of that done in one day? C'mon, that's extremely hard to believe...got any unmarried brothers?

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Keasty said...

Good one Kathi!!! LOL LOL!

As a matter of fact I do have one. He lives on Vancouver Island (British Columbia) and arrives in Australia tomorrow for a holiday. I'll mention you to him!!!!

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger kathi said...

See, there ya go, we could be in-laws some day. :)

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

You surely lead an interesting life!! So tell me where did you meet this amazing woman, was it love at first site?

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Keasty said...

It certainly wasn't love at first sight Dana! We spent 2 years at a live-in college as we trained to become teachers. We never spoke to each other the whole 2 years! Can you imagine that? Made up for it since. In the second year of our teaching careers, Fay was sent to a small town called Moulamein in SW NSW and I was sent to a community (VERY small) just 20 miles away. That's where it all began 40 years ago.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

How was your thanksgiving? Mine was great, I am thankful for so so many things and one of them is you! You have been a blessing to me and many others, thanks always for the encouragement and just a glimpse of your life and what God is doing. Thank you!

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's hope there's not a cricket test on the day of your anniversary, because, with such a high pressured day before, to catchup, you'll be no good for even a celebration on the lounge.
But 40 years together deserves a huge tick, and what Bernie and I did for ours, was go out for lunch, then went to a movie and held hands, as we did on our first date nearly 41 years ago. Queston is, can I remember the movie title?
Janice

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

JUST STOPPED BY TO SAY HI

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Keasty said...

You are a treasure Dana. Thanks for your encouragement.
Yeah Kathi.... I would be OK with being your sister-in-law!!!
And Jan... you're not gonna believe this but .... I think there is a cricket test on 30 December!! Bugger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home