Gra Nomad Wanderings

Friday, January 04, 2008

UPGRADE SIR?

Something went wrong (again) and I have to REWRITE this story.... so it'll be quick!
Fay and I have just spent a few days in Sydney.... downtown Sydney! We do it rarely. And this time, I thought we should do it in style seeing weve been married for 40 years!
I booked the cheapest room at the Hilton (classy hotel). Then I asked Jeremy (son) if he could book us into a CHEAP hotel the night before. That's all I asked.
Jeremy booked us into the Pacific International (used to be the Great Southern Hotel. It has quite a history). He also said he'd pick up the tab and he was also shouting us to a dinner at the Art House, where he works as a Duty Manager. What a son!!!
The Pacific Int'l was GREAT. On the plus side, the bathroom floor drain clogged up after I'd showered. As they couldn't fix the problem quickly, they moved us and threw in a complimentary breakfast because we had been inconvenienced! What a treat. The breaky was great too!
The evening meal at the Art House was superb. We ate like kings. (Maybe Jeremy will never offer again!!!) The gnocchi (is that how it's spelt?) was to die for. The chef did a great job on Fay's steak and my grain-fed chicken. What a meal. There were a few dishes thrown in from time to time by Liz who did a super job of looking after us. We reckon we could go back there .... maybe weekly! Thanks Art House. Thanks Jem. (Hope he can afford it!)
When we booked into the Hilton the following day, the check-in bloke (whose name was also Jeremy), said, "Oh, seeing it's your wedding anniversary, how about I give you an upgrade... to a suite!" We were blown away, but not half as much as when we entered room 4325 on the 43rd (top) floor! It was the penthouse, with views to north, west and south! The bathroom (first photo above) was as big as most motel rooms we've been in. Huge spa, 2 vanity basins, shower, toilet, enough room for a full footy team to just mingle there. The 2nd photo is the view North from the spa, through a huge window. (Deb brought Logan in the next day so they could see how flash it was.) The bedroom was big enough with an extra plasma TV which I could turn and view from the shower (sadly, not from the spa.) Then the lounge/dining room was .... spacious to say the least. Australia Tower was just one of the buildings we could view from our penthouse.
Guess we'll never forget our fabulous visit to Sydney to celebrate 40 years of marriage. We were given far more than we ever imagined. That's a bit like how God treats us too. He treats us like Kings! He gives us far more than we ever hope or deserve. He is just the most awesome God! Honest! Absolutely awesome.
Now, Fay has headed back to Cudmirrah (see coastal photo below) and I'm staying here in Sydney for a week as I volunteer for the NSW Tennis Open at Olympic Park (where Sydney 2000 Olympic Games were held.)
I shouted Chinese feed last night - a tradition in the Keast family started by my Dad, Jack Keast. Also there were Deb/Bren, Marg, Bill and Nathan. Sorry, no photos taken. A top night. We are very lucky with our family, no doubt about it. (I was lucky more didn't turn up at short notice.)
And, a small benefit.... we are getting to see a bit more of the neatest little bloke in town.... Logan Jack McLaughlin. 15 months old.... see picture 2 above. What a cool dude!
More from Cudmirrah in a week or so.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope we get treated that well on our 40th anniversary. Only 25 years to go. :)

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Keasty said...

Well, let me tell you Rodney, it starts speeding up after a while!!! Trust me.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger kathi said...

I'm glad I could see the hand print on the glass with the little one looking out, else I'd be calling you Michael Jackson, :)

Still, so jealous of y'all and yet loving the pictures!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home