Gra Nomad Wanderings

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Narromine Loop

Hey Rodney! The body managed to do 126 km today!
Conditions were ideal. Fairly flat country round here and we started off quite sedately. I like the bloke in Dubbo (he had to be a school teacher) who once said, “We start off easy and then we back off!”
I had a turn at captaining the Cannondale tandem. What a beautiful bike. Thanks Peter and Cheryl. It has flat bars and mtb wheels. An easy bike to ride which responds beautifully when you ask it for a quick bit of grunt. I was on our Burley road tandem on Sunday following them as they went through an S bend under a railway bridge. They sure can ride that bike. I wonder if Cheryl closes her eyes like Fay does on some of those tight corners? Tomorrow is an easy day of 60 km. Even Debbie (daughter) might be well enough to cycle tomorrow. There were team photos taken today. I’ll see if I can get one on here tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

Now I'm jealous.

Yesterday was perfect cycling weather here in Perth but it's been bucketing down today. Of course that didn't stop me from riding to and from work.

Enjoy the rest of the trip.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the tandems and the trip sounds like it was fun. I have enjoyed your blog. Cheers, Ken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home