Gra Nomad Wanderings

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

H is for HUMOUR

They tell me if you laugh often you live longer. Is that right?
I guess I have tried to introduce humour to situations where I believed some levity was needed. Sometimes I miscalculated. I remember one of my bosses (he was superintendent of schools) telling Fay before I went for an interview, “Fay, tell him he can’t tell jokes at his interview!”
There are times when you just have to introduce something a bit light hearted I reckon. Like when I had the Hairy Man from Koorawatha spring out in public at the Centenary of Public Education when I was principal at Koorawatha Public School. I just figured that it would be good to have the Hairy Man appear and say a few words on such a sombre occasion. It went well didn’t it Army?
I’m envious of my son Jeremy (pictured above) who is spending a large part of his “working” life, doing stand-up comedy! Now where on earth would he have got that from? He figures, why teach when you can do stand-up comedy? I never thought of it that way. He just loves to make people happy and get them laughing. My sentiments exactly. As the good book says, there are times to laugh and times to cry.
Ecc 3:4 There is a time to cry, a time to laugh.
There is a time to grieve and a time to dance.
Mmmmm D is for DANCE eh? Missed that one didn’t I?
[Thanks for letting me know I'd missed H. Lucky Rodney was watching!]

4 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fully agree, I would be lost if i could not laugh. I am just just one laughter machine.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Keasty said...

Hey... I can hear Smokes' laugh now! Unbelievable!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

.... and that's not just the memory of her laugh either. When she laughs you really can hear it around the country.

Smokes has the kind of laugh (and personality) that can light up a room.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi Keasty! Thanks for the email. I agree, humor may just be the greatest gift God has given us. Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home