Gra Nomad Wanderings

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Brad and Kathy



In 2003 I cycled with Brad from Perth (on west coast) to Adelaide. That’s about 2,788 km (1,743 miles). About two thirds of the way across Australia. Awesome! It was a Bike for Bibles ride with a team of about 25 riders and some support crew (the important ones!) The leader of that ride was Rodney Olsen who is a DJ on a Christian Radio Station in Perth - Sonshinefm.

Brad was a very likeable guy. His fiancé was even more likeable! She’s a honey. They were gonna get married on 10 July the next year - 2004. And so they did. Around that time Brad got diagnosed with cancer. So, in the last 6 months, Brad has been under the knife and copped chemo and all that stuff.

Guess Brad is about 25 or so and his darling wouldn’t be that old I don’t think. (They're the young ones on the left in the photo with Fay and I). They’ve sure had a tough time. They’ve got a great faith. A GREAT faith. PTL that they have a really good network of solid Christian friends and rels. I reckon that could be pretty handy. If you're int prayer, put them on your list, please.

They live in Adelaide which is about a 2 day drive from where I live. (My brother Alan could do it in 1 day I know. But I’m older.)

The current situation is:
  • just spoke to Brad on phone
  • he sounded really happy (usually does)
  • he's working on the harvest on his parents' farm
  • he's gonna have some scans in January
  • he said he was "going really well"
  • he's got hair now
  • he's been into the apricot kernels and other stuff to combat the cancer

It was just so good to hear him and hear his good news. PRAISE HE LORD.

5 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Just Jan said...

Very nice story Keasty and thanks for sharing. God is good and I'll defenatley whisper up a few prayers for them both.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Oh yes, I will pray, I am so happy to hear he is getting the victory in this situation. PTL

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What a sweet story. I will pray for Brad.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Lovely story indeed! Just prayed for Brad and his wife. PTL for their faith.

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely story indeed!
Travel services agency
Travel services

 

Post a Comment

<< Home