Gra Nomad Wanderings

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

K is for Keast Family



Yes, I've already told you my family is important to me haven't I? So, you don't need to read on really. You can stop now.

I remember talking to Fay Bailey's Grandfather & trying to impress him (since I'd fallen in love with his Grand-daughter). I said, "The Keasts come from Cornwall!" Quick as a flash despite his aging years, he replied, "A mob of pirates!"

The Keasts I descended from came out of Cornwall, England, via St Kitts in the West Indies. That was my Great Great Grandfather, George Keast - born in Cornwall and died in Victoria at the age of 74. George married Catherine Blight, daughter of Lieutenant Blight.

I have 17 cousins from the Keast family side. Only 7 are males to continue the Keast name. I have 1 son and 2 daughters. My son Jeremy is one of 8 male Keasts in his generation who will be able to continue the Keast name.

So, the moral of this story is.... young Jeremy is 27 years old now... AND WE'RE STILL LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE HIM OFF OUR HANDS!

The photo shows my brother Alan, then brother Bill, sister Margaret and myself. Alan is 300 km north of where we live in Dubbo. Margaret is 400 km east of Dubbo in Sydney, and Bill is umpteen thousand km living in Canada, except when he's out visiting Australia which he's doing right now. (Last seen heading towards the Riverina.)

1 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true. Family is so important. I would drop anything for my family. I am so blessed to have a family like i do. Praise God!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home