Gra Nomad Wanderings

Sunday, November 13, 2005

N is for Negotiation

I’m right into mediation. Listening to others as a way of resolving conflict.
Think I’m gonna have to listen to my daughter tomorrow so we can resolve anything that’s hanging about ruining our connection. Guess we’ll have to negotiate.
There’s a guy I cycle with who won’t budge when it comes to a standoff! I think Aussies are known for this a bit.
Fay and I were trying to decide what colour bike to buy. She figured silver. I figured yellow. We negotiated. My cycling mates said to me… Oh, so you’re getting a silver bike? I said, No, actually we’re getting a canary yellow bike.
Sometimes guys just retire into their shell (cave?) if their lady says, “We’ll go to such and such a place for Christmas.” Blokes find either they want their way or they’ll pout and brood if they don’t get it. Yeah… I’m embarrassed to say I can be like that. But I’m getting heaps better (I reckon.) Ask Fay!
We’ve had to do heaps of negotiation re our big trip next year. Italy? Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes. Lease Citroen or Peugeot???? And so it goes on. May God guide us as we travel O/S in 06! We’ll need his wisdom to help us negotiate as we journey together.
Hey, this alphabet blogging isn’t easy! What would you do for O? See, told you!

This photo shows Ross and Anne cycling their tandem. Tandem cycling takes plenty of negotiation... believe you me! I mean you've gotta negotiate whether your partner/mate or whatever is gonna even ride!! It takes plenty of negotiation doesn't it Meersy?
Ross and Anne cycled round Aust. Awesome. Nearly 20,000 km or 12,000 miles. Sorry about Anne's face, she's trying to keep the sun off her face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home