Gra Nomad Wanderings

Friday, March 09, 2007

SYDNEY VISIT






Had a beaut time in Sydney. Took Adrian and Janie (from Calgary) round the Big Smoke and showed them Bondi Beach (above), Simbio Animal Park (see animal photos), Maroubra (for fish and chips and white wine), Hairy Canary (a restaurant in Gymea) for lovely soup and damper and white wine.... (thanks Marg), Stanwell Park, Kings Cross, the Rocks area, the Arthouse Hotel - great food and excellent service thanks JHK, the underground, Ken Duncan gallery and maybe some more. They were easy to please.
Logan Jack (grandson) was trying to crawl... with limited success. Every now and then he does a Jeremy and raises his arms (see photo 3) to claim either (a) he is unable to do any more pushups, (b) it's just another exercise he tries or (c) he's claiming he didn't hit anyone when he pulls his arms back like that. I didn't foul anyone ref! We haven't decided.
It was beaut staying with Deb and Bren for the time and helping with their little man. He is just about 5 months old now.
Beaut catching up with Uncle Dick, Pete/Urs, and also Donna-Lee who used to babysit our kids about 27 years ago.
Meanwhile, we are now back in Dubbo once again. Back into local routines... for a few weeks.
I won't mention the Pura Cup match between NSW and Tassie (hope not too many people caught it! Ugly!)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 2:33 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

I haven't stopped by your blog in ages...please forgive me. I have added you once again to my blogroll so I'll be making regular visits again.

I just love the photos. The baby is sooo adoreable!!!

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Fábio M. Machado said...

Seems that has been such a lovely time around Sydney... seeing this photos made me miss a lot Australia!!
Hope you are all well...

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Keasty said...

Thanks Jan. He's cool! Started eating solid food yesterday at 5 months!
Fabio, great to have a Brazillian pop in for a look. Yes, it is a beautiful city. It was my first walk from Bondi to Bronte

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Hey Logan,

Now, about getting around. Rolling a good one to start with. I was never much into rolling, but some of my friends were really good at it. I preferred to sit and shuffle about. Once you get to crawl - the world is your oyster buddy... trust me... it is great. Mum and Dad won't know what has hit them!

Cheerio
Eleanor
PS I am working on walking at the moment - up to 9 steps in a row... it requires much concentration, though!

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger julie said...

Great photos! What a cutie

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You always have such great photos. That Logan Jack is really growing, isn't he?! Those are some gorgeous roosters!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home