Gra Nomad Wanderings

Saturday, September 24, 2011

THE BLIND LEAD THE BLIND

My co-pilot (in the Pajero) was Robin. She sees pretty well, but it's 10 years since she was unable to get her driver's license. She was in charge of food on the ride and an invaluable asset. She also helped with communications etc. Me? Well, Fay would tell you that without a designated navigator I'm hopeless! She could be right.
Today the riders set out at 8 am for the ferry through to Palm Beach. The 2 support vehicles went round, doing 100 km.  Then at 9:45 am, we took off, heading south.... Pajero, riders, extra riders, Don/Lorraine from Nabiac (the other road support crew, and Anne Marie. She just did Palm Beach to Manly.)
Party when we reached Manly, then I took off for Earlwood, Goulburn, Yass & finally Boorowa.... 484 km for the day. That's because I'm now a road support for a Bike for Bibles ride - Goulburn to Goulburn in 9 days...
Tell you more tomorrow.
I.... felt a bit emotional at the end of the ride in Manly today. It was a special ride. Hey, I sure miss Harper (Lindy's guide dog.) You get attached to a dog like that when you're with him for a week or so.









Seeya tomorrow. Sorry about no pix. Maybe I'll steal some. .... well I found a few that maybe you haven't seen.

Total distance.... 1,000 km or damn close to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home