Gra Nomad Wanderings

Monday, November 21, 2005

U is for.....



Well it could be for ULTRA, or UMPIRE (they’re important.) It could be UNCOMPROMISING or even UNCONDITIONAL. It could be for UNDERDOG or for UNDERSTANDING. I even thought about UNICYCLE.
But I’m going to make my U stand for UTAH. Yep, the state of UTAH. Utah is a beautiful state and is a beautiful part of the USA. One of our favourites. We really love Zion and Bryce National Parks and there are others too. I think RED Canyon is in there too somewhere. It’s magnificent. This area is in the SW corner of the state and is only 120 – 200 miles from Las Vegas in Nevada. (Fay always wants to “hit Vegas” and see some shows.)
Look up www.utah.com/nationalparks/ which will fill you in on this area and show you some lovely pictures.
There’s also SKI and SNOWBOARD and MOUNTAIN BIKE and WHITE WATER RAFTING in Utah. We found some very friendly people there when we first went there with Jan and Jim back in early 70s.
So, have you been to Utah? If not why not? When I checked out the MOTTOS that Jennifer listed - www.whatbox.blogspot.com/ - it said of Utah - ... well, check it out for yourself. I thought it was neat!
Fay and I hope to spend some time around Utah in April or May next year.

3 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah, Keasty! I love Utah, too. Such breathtaking scenery God created there. Hey, thanks for the link!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Keasty said...

Hey.... you made me smile Jen. Doesn't take much does it?

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Rita said...

Utah is a beautiful state. I've been to Utah many times when I was driving a truck. Yes, I was a big truck driver for 12 yrs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home